Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Sweet Valentine~ Dark Chocolate Truffle Sauce and Gordon Webster

We've been through the ringer lately- got hit with the fever-bugs and are through it but everyone is just so tired. I tell you that to tell you this: my sweetheart, before leaving for work yesterday, said,"I'll get the dishes when I come home for lunch." When I told him that I'd do them, he said, "No, you use your energy to do something fun- I'll get them. don't worry," Oh. My. Goodness. What did I ever do to deserve such a wonderful man?!? Relationships are not always easy- we all know this. But, we really can do little things for each other that add up to more than the sum of their parts. They make us feel loved. The more we deposit acts of kindness in the old happiness bank, the more we've got to give to others. OK, I know this is supposed to be a place for recipes and dance goodies- but, I thought it was important to share that little nugget with you.
My sweetheart loves chocolate. Here is my recipe for Dark Chocolate Truffle Sauce- easy, quick and delicious. That's what I'm going to make him for Valentine's Day. The best thing about it- I know he'll dance me around the room after he eats some. Yay!!
My favorite band leader Gordon Webster is coming to Boston on January 25th to record two nights of awesomeness. Come on down to Boston Swing Central and join us to swing out to the best!!
Hope to see you there!


Dark Chocolate Truffle Sauce
Serve this silken chocolate sauce atop ice cream or dip fresh fruit into its depths for a delightful end to any meal.
12 oz (2 cups) dark or bittersweet chocolate bits
2 oz unsweetened chocolate- chopped
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Heat the cream in the bowl of a double boiler. Add the chocolates. Melt the chocolates together with the cream, whisking constantly until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt. Stir until completely combined. Serve warm.
If you have any leftovers, cover and chill. When cool, shape into a log or large ball. For individual servings, use a small scoop or spoon to create little balls the size of your favorite truffles. Roll in cocoa or grated chocolate.

No comments: